• 4 Nova Awards, 1 in each of the four S.T.E.M. subject areas
• Nova Awards are fun and easy to earn
• Different requirements for Cub Scouts & Boy Scouts
• Recognize superior achievement in S.T.E.M. fields
• Work with a registered Supernova Mentor
• Different requirements for Cub Scouts, Webelos & Boy Scouts
• Cub Scouts June 27 – 30
• Boy Scouts August 8 – 11
• Swimming, Climbing, Shooting, Science & more!
• Earn a Nova Award
New Microsoft Retail Store at Woodfield – exclusive NWSC events:
• June 22 & 23, 2pm-4pm Grand Opening celebration: Photography belt loop
& merit badge activities, X box tournaments & more (no registration required)
• July 8 – 12 Webelos & Boy Scout “Game Masters” Camp
• August 12 – 14 Cub Scout Belt Loop Camp
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT NWSC OR REQUEST A STEM PRESENTATION FOR YOUR UNIT
Northwest Suburban Council, BSA
STEM Program Specialist
For a flyer to promote these events NWSC STEM Flyer
For all events, get more information or register at:
NWSC.org -> resources -> calendar -> click on event
Posted in Boy Scouts, Cub Scouts, Events, Membership, Venturing
Tagged boy scouting, cub scouting, lakota, recruit, recruitment, scouting, stem, venturing
The following is a list of all of the trainings coming up over the next few months. You can now register and pay online through our Council Calendar or by using the links below.
Introduction to Outdoor Leadership Skills:
Patrol Meeting May 8th. Outing May 17-19, 2013.
All Cub scout Leader training
Summer Camp Shooting Sports Training: May 19, 2013.
Leave No Trace: June 1-2, 2013.
BALOO: June 1, 2013
Owl Training: June 1, 2013.
Youth Protection Training: June 1, 2013.
Camp Master Training: June 2, 2013
Den Chief Training: June 14,2013
National Youth Leadership Training: 6/16-21/2013
Level 2 Climbing Instructor Training: June 22-23, 2013
Wood Badge: 8/16-18/2013 and September 14-16/2013
Due to low registration the Lakota Games scheduled for May 4th have been canceled.
Packs are encouraged to sign up for the Signal Hill District Day Camp scheduled for June 18 thru 20, 2013. COMPLETE REGISTRATION IS DUE TO COUNCIL OFFICE BY 4PM May 15th.
Check out all of the pictures from the District Pinewood Derby at Woodfield Mall on our Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.10151732804469017
Cub Scout Packs – have you recruited a new Cub Scout?
Invite them to see the Cub Scout Pinewood Derby Racing Day April 21, 2013